Friday, September 15, 2006

A Season

We are told there is a time for every season in Eccesiastes chapter 3. These words speak of a time for every purpose under heaven and that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added nor anything taken from it. God does so that man will worship Him and know that He is. Yet, of myself I feel only weakness and failure one day after the next. A sadness falls upon me when I think of all that has been done wrong. God has done and is doing His part, yet many times despair descends deep within this heart. The question comes, "Will I ever become the child of God who does only all that is light?".
There come those times when God fills this heart full of His love and then there are times when this flesh tears such purity away leaving lust. There comes such compassion for mankind from far above and there comes such selfishness, which shortly silences all that is goodness. For each wonderful act that God has prepared me to do there lingers darkness drawing near, until I falter. Am I an example for any Christian? Oh, yes. How I am taught to place all trust in God through His Son Jesus Christ and not in myself. He has already done for me what I could not. Our Lord shows me daily how much mankind needs Him and His power to live. We are such a blessed people who are able to hold His Word in our hands. As David Clark wrote, "In its influence on man, the Holy Bible transcends all other agencies ever employed for his benefit. The Bible has hallowed homes, sanctified hearts, soothed away sorrows, dried up tears, cheered the sick, strengthened the weak, upheld the faithful, inspired devotion, re-kindled hope, conquered fears, induced joys, inspired songs, comforted the dying, and given victory over death for a thousand generations that have believed its truth and trusted its promises. Its promises have been proven to be true by the experiences of faithful generations that lived in its glorious light and died in the faith that it proclaims. Millions upon millions love the sacred Book."
In the end, the thought of salvation gleams with all its undimmed glory, which truthfully tells of the victory that has already been won. Whatever God does endures forever and that includes His promises. All we must do is to believe. All we must do is to trust in God. All we must do is know and then move onward toward the only place we have always belonged, which is with God. With our Father in heaven, with our Lord Jesus Christ, with our Counselor the Holy Spirit and with all the saints who are Gods people.

No comments: