Monday, August 01, 2005

"A Cross To Bear"


How I have missed so many days, how I have missed so many times, yet
always I will
be back. Always I will crawl, until this good work that has begun continues
onward
and upward to its completion.
This heart breaks it aches with such pain brought by the darkness I see
surrounding
this body here. Such shadows that still linger in this hopeful heart that is
indwelt by
the Holy Spirit. Still, this body does what my spirit does not will it to do,
still do I fall
again and again. Such a journey is there yet to be traveled, such a road to
be taken,
and I will joyfully take my cross to bear. For of one thing I know for
certain is this;
that I have earned much more than to carry my cross throughout these
days. I have
earned death eternal, yet through death I have been gracefully given Life
eternal.
So, give me my cross to carry with such an overwhelming weight that this
body could
not possibly hope to hold it alone. I will continue to fall down, yet with
such
weakness filled with tears there comes a helping hand, which wraps
underneath both
these arms. These eyes turn to focus on the Morning Star who lifts this
cross with
me, to stand back up, and to move forward with His brilliance which lights
the Way.
I see so many who scoff, who laugh, who spit, and hold themselves with
such pride
when they see the sight of the burden, which I bear. If you could only see
that I do
not bear it alone. These eyes slowly rise as this spirit cries to them all,
"Do not know?
I carry this cross for every single one of you!". I carry it so when this body
falls, your
eyes may see the Son of Man who lifts me back up to lead me down this
narrow path.
To hope you may see to the end of this path where there is only one thing
left. The
cross that has caused such pain on the earth is also the reason any are
able to come
Home to where they have always belonged. And they shall be clothed in
robes of
white that have been cleansed by the blood of the Lamb who carried His
cross not so
long ago for all mankind. That we may be taken to a place where there is
no night for
Gods glory will bring such brilliance revealing all that was once hidden
forevermore.

No comments: